Join Our Team!
Backend Tech Lead
A fast-growing and machine learning startup is looking for a Backend Tech Lead. This is an amazing opportunity to help shape the future of machine learning tools for data professionals. We believe artificial intelligence should be available to any organization that aims to predict its future.
As a Backend Tech Lead at Whatify, you will develop our SaaS application for automated machine learning. You will play a significant part of an innovative, high-performance team that is committed to delivering an application using cutting edge technologies in a dynamic and agile environment.
So what will your days at Whatify entail?
- Designing and implementing scalable features in microservices applications on AWS.
- Developing in Python.
- Planning sophisticated data pipelines for machine learning to elevate the quality of the Whatify product.
- Working closely with product and research to find solutions to complex problems related to the field of machine learning and allow for seamless collaboration.
- Performing code reviews with other team members to ensure the high quality of the code.
- Work in an agile and fast paced environment.
Does this describe you?
- 7+ years of experience as a backend engineer (Python/Java/GO/Kotlin/Scala).
- 3+ years experience as a team lead or as an architect at a leading SAAS company in production. Hands on Experience with Cloud computing, distributed architecture, Big data DBs and distributed queues (kafka/pulsar) in production.
- Knowledge in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Ability to take a product from a requirement through design, execution and production ownership.
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering from a leading university.
- Team player with a startup state of mind, can mentor and help other engineers growth.
- High coding standards, clean code, TDD, functional programming.
Are you also the bearer of these advantageous superpowers?
- Experience as a data engineer
- Multi public cloud environments
- Cross region (data center) architecture
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with Machine learning
- Working at hyper growth R&D organizations