Join Our Team!
Senior Backend Engineer
A fast-growing and machine learning startup is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer. This is an amazing opportunity to help shape the future of machine learning tools for data professionals. We believe artificial intelligence should be available to any organization that aims to predict its future.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Whatify, you will develop our SaaS application for automated machine learning. You will play a significant part of an innovative, high-performance team that is committed to delivering an application using cutting edge technologies in a dynamic and agile environment.
So what will your days at Whatify entail?
- Designing and implementing scalable features in microservices applications on AWS.
- Working on complex challenges in the domain of big data, Machine learning and Cloud distributed systems
- Building sophisticated data pipelines for machine learning to elevate the quality of the Whatify product.
- Working closely with product and ML researchers to find solutions to complex problems related to the field of machine learning and allow for seamless collaboration.
- Work in an agile and fast paced environment.
Does this describe you?
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering from a leading university.
- 5+ years of experience as a backend engineer (Python/Java/GO/Kotlin/Scala), out of which 2+ years experience working at SAAS company in production. Hands on Experience with Cloud computing, distributed architecture, Big data DBs and distributed queues (kafka/pulsar or similar) in production.
- Ability to take a product from a requirement through design, execution and production ownership.
- Problem solver, team player with a startup state of mind.
- Knowledge in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Great software design, high coding standards, clean code, TDD, functional programming.
Are you also the bearer of these advantageous superpowers?
- Experience as a data engineer
- Experience with AWS and web security
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with Machine learning
- Working at hyper growth R&D organizations